Monday, November 1, 2010

TOP 3 Big Darn Deals for Chapter 8

1. Coaxial cable
I never knew the name of the cable that was used for the computer and t.v.  Now I know the name is coaxial cable.  The information form the book taught me what a coax is made of and why it's better than a twisted pair cable.

2. Twisted pair cable
I have never heard of a twisted pair cable.  I didn't know that it produced noise either.  I've heard of line noise and line noise filters that reduce noise, but I didn't know this is also a cable or an installation that can reduce "noise."  I also know now that a twisted pair cable is better than a coaxial cable so I am definitely going to keep that in mind.

3. ISP Internet Service Provider
Now that I started working as an ISP Customer Support technician I've started to learn more about ISP's and how restaurant's use it to maintain their store data, registers, and store information.  Now that I completed chapter 8 and the activities that consisted with Chapter 8, I learned that ISP stands for Internet Service Provider.  Which surprised me because I have never thought of it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment