Friday, November 19, 2010

3 BiG DaRn Deals on Chapter 10

Energy Star Program

I never knew there was a program that exists that helped to reduce the amount of electricity used by computers and other electronic devices  I never knew there was Green Computing usages techniques.  But now I know some suggestions I can use to use Green computing.  For example at night I am going to shut my computer system down instead of leaving it on and instead of throwing away old printer cartridges I will recycle them.  You have to start some where.

Encryption

I never heard of encryption until reading the book.  It sounds like a good simple security system.  I wish there was a little more information about it in the book.  But it is interesting how the data has to be decrypted from cipher text into plain text so that we are able to read the messages.

Root kits

Rootkits are pretty interesting but scary.  Somone can just get on the computer and control what happens with it, but what happens once they do get in control of it.  I know that viruses and spams are bad but I have never heard of a root kit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment