Tuesday, September 28, 2010

3 BiG DaRn Deals on Chapter 6!

1. RFID Tags and Preschoolers
  I was pretty concerned learning about the RFID tags and attaching them to preschoolers and passports.  I think RFID is a good idea for certain things, like businesses and offices, but to keep an eye on kids.  I think they just wanted to experiment on someone, but they knew that kids won't complain.  It just seems weird to why they would want to attach RFID tags to kids while they are in school.  The advisor for the preschool or head start program just didn't have any good points and it seemed kind of shady.  Placing RFID technology on passports I think is a terrible idea also.  I think it’s kind of like a form of discrimination. 

2. Cloud Storage
  I never realized that everyday when I check my mail that it’s a form of cloud storage.  It does make sense, and I like the idea of cloud storage because you can be able to access that information even if you are in another location.  The only thing I'm concerned about is who else gets to access it?  The guy on the podcast did make a point that people sign up for things but when it comes to the agreement portion they just check I agree and continue on with the process, which is true.  I also do that when I’m downloading things or signing up for things.  But now it makes me wonder what is really in the agreement and who else gets to access the things I’m using.

3. Perpendicular Storage
  I feel like the perpendicular storage is a good idea, but why wasn't it thought about earlier.  Feels like it should have been done a while back ago.  But it is helpful. I guess its kind of common sense that perpendicular makes more space than the elongated way.

No comments:

Post a Comment